Advanced Yoga Teachers Training Course
Advanced Teachers Training Course
Develop the intuitive mind
The Advanced Teachers Training Course allows graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers Training Course to further deepen their spiritual practice and their study of Vedanta philosophy, Raja Yoga, anatomy and sanskrit.
- Strengthen in your Sadhana – advanced asana and pranayama practice
- Reconnect to the tradition, lineage, senior teachers and the global Sivananda community
- Learn to teach and correct advanced postures and variations
- Become an internationally recognized 500 hour certified Yoga Instructor
Select to Register
Yoga in Practice
“If we are willing to develop our latent spiritual powers, we can build a better, greater Self and a better, greater world of peace and understanding.” – Swami Vishnudevananda
The ATTC is designed as a way for you, as a Yoga teacher, to deepen your understanding of basic Yogic principles and strengthen your Sadhana. During this month-long intensive, students experience the purifying and transformative power of a disciplined Yoga practice. Dive deep into the path of meditation. Tune into the more subtle aspects of Yoga. The course is taught by Srinivisan, Swami Brahmananda, Swami Paramananda, Swami Satyapremananda, and senior staff within the Sivananda lineage and is considered to be the next step after the 200-hour Yoga Teachers Training Course.
Yoga Alliance Certified
Our graduates receive an internationally recognized certification through the worldwide Yoga Alliance confirming that, in combination with the hours earned in the TTC, they are 500-hour qualified yoga teachers. The Sivananda Yoga Advanced Teachers Training Course includes the following:
Course Topics and Details
• Training in classical advanced variations
• Precise corrections
• Postural alignment
• Deeper understanding of Hatha Yoga
• Practice of advanced Pranayamas
• Proper use of the Bandhas
• Analogies of the Supreme Reality
• Study of Vedantic meditation techniques
• Explanation of Vedantic mantras
• The mind its mysteries and control
• In depth study of the eight steps of Raja Yoga
• Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
• The five attitudes of devotion
Personal & individual instruction
The Daily Schedule
4:30am Wake Up
6:00am Satsang: Meditation, Mantra chanting, Lecture
8:00am Asana Practice
9:00am Anatomy & Physiology
10:00am Organic, Vegetarian Brunch
11:00am Karma Yoga (Selfless Service)
12:00pm Study of Raja Yoga or Sanskrit
2:00pm Main Lecture on Vedanta
4:00pm Asanas and Pranayama
8:00pm Satsang: Meditation, Mantra chanting, Lecture
10:30pm Lights Out
Students enjoy special programs, festivals, concerts and symposiums that are offered during evening satsangs. There is one weekly day off.
*During the day off students are only required to attend morning and evening satsangs and to perform their Karma Yoga.
*Attendance at all activities is mandatory.
*Changes in the program may occur.