FLOWER YOGA: Toddler, Children, Youth, Teen and Family Yoga Teacher Training
This course is offered to ANYONE: teachers, parents, caregivers, therapists; who wishes to introduce and practice yoga with the children in their lives. Concrete tools and practical application are presented in a simple to follow sequence. Flower Yoga teachers are trained and guided in a traditional, humility and service – oriented way.
A deep understanding of education pedagogy, child development, movement development and sensory integration practice is at the heart of every lesson created by the teacher. Each lesson is nourished through seasonal awareness, cultural and mythical storytelling and a practical knowledge of yoga philosophy.
Flower Yoga is a 95-hour Specialty Training Course that is a Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS) through the National Yoga Alliance. RYT 200 or 500 level Yoga teachers wishing to become Registered Children’s Yoga Teachers (RCYT) will be eligible to register upon the completion of this course.
You DO NOT have to be an Registered Yoga Teacher to take this course, but you must have a yoga practice.
There is a discounted price available to all Sivananda TTC graduates, please contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is a Training INTENSIVE and has its own unique schedule.
• Asana classes include: a 1 hour self practice every morning, observing live children’s or youth class before brunch and child-asana practice lab in the afternoon.
• You will be working in small groups to write lesson plans and present the lessons in practice teaching.
• An open book examination must be completed by the end of the course.
• In addition, a list of 4 reading books will be sent to you upon registering for the course (These books are a separate purchase and must be brought to the training). It helps to do some reading prior to the course. However, the books will be an excellent resource well beyond the training.
• View Live Recorded Classes: You will see recorded live classes.
• Dates: July 30 – August 11
• NO class August 8 – homework day
• August 11 Open Book Exam and Award of Certificate
Begin the training
Days 2 – 11: Daily Schedule
Follow Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Schedule
Day 12 (Closing Day)
Complete Final Assignments and Open Book Exam
Child-Yoga TTC Graduation online at 5:00pm
6:30am Wake up, light breakfast or fruits
7:45 – 8:45 am Take Morning Training Pre-recorded Self-Practice- Asana Class
9:00am – 12:00pm Session 1: Children’s Yoga Philosophy and Children’s Hatha Yoga
12:00 – 1:00pm One Hour Lunch Break
1:00pm Session 2: Child Development
3:00pm Session 3: Structuring a Family/Child/Youth/Teen Yoga Class Experience
4:15pm 15 Minute Break
4:30pm Session 4: How to Teach Family/Child/Youth/Teen Yoga classes OR Teaching Lab
6:00pm Day Ends
• 2 (Digital) Training Manuals
• A copy of It’s Time for Yoga by Tara Rachel Jones.
Tara Rachel Jones (Omkari)
Tara Rachel Jones (Omkari), M.Ed, is an experienced Waldorf, Montessori, Reggio Emilia, Mainstream educator, and Sivananda Yoga teacher and has been working professionally with families and children since 1989. Her approach to sharing yoga for children, youth, teens and adult children’s yoga teacher training is a synthesis of education, developmental movement, and yogic teachings that she created under the guidance of her teacher Sarabess Forster (Yashoda), a senior disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda. She is the director of both Family Week at The Sivananda Yoga Ranch, and Family programs at the Sivananda Yoga Retreat. Omkari is the founding teacher and director of the Youth Yoga Camp at the Sivananda Yoga Ranch and the author of It’s Time for Yoga. http://www.littlebounderbooks.com/
The Ranch's Daily Schedule
6:00amSatsang or Silent Walk
8:00amHatha Yoga Class
12:00pmAfternoon Program& Free Time
4:00pmHatha Yoga Class
Satsang & Yoga Classes
Satsang consists of a 30-minute silent meditation, followed by 30 minutes of spiritual chanting (kirtan), and finishes with 30 minutes of spiritual lecture.
Daily attendance at both Satsangs and Hatha Yoga Classes is encouraged for your health and well-being and to maintain the proper rhythm and atmosphere of the ashram community.