Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Online (TTC)
A Life Transforming Experience
Due to Covid we have transferred our Yoga Teacher Training online!
Founded in 1969 and launched here in Upstate New York in 1974, our Yoga Teachers Training Course is the oldest yoga teacher training in the West, educating over 40k teachers around the world to date.
Join us online for a unique and profoundly transforming month-long teachers training course!
How it works
- All classes are taught LIVE through Zoom.
- You will learn how to transform your living place into a mini center of spiritual power, which will inspire you to maintain a systematic pratice at home after the course.
- The online training, just like the in person training, is a one month immersion. It is 6 days a week. There is one day a week free of classes, used for study and/or errands.
- Each day, you will have a one-on-one meeting with an experienced Sivananda teacher who will mentor and guide you throughout the course.
- Once the course is completed you will earn an internationally recognized certification which is accepted by the worldwide Yoga Alliance as the standard 200 hours required by Registered Yoga Schools (RYS)
Dates in 2021
January 9 – February, 2021 (for USA time-zones)
March 1 – March 29, 2021 (for USA time zones)
Daily personal coaching with your mentor.
The Online Experience
This training is a great way to use our time at home in a meaningful way: This is the time to intensify our practice, learn new aspects of yoga and implement a healthy and positive lifestyle.
The pandemic restrictions give us a chance to reflect on ourselves: our habits, our mental tendencies, our perspective on life. The TTC online will support this process of deep inquiry and will enable you to gain insight into your inner world. The training includes practical cooking instructions. During the four weeks you will learn to prepare healthy and tasty vegetarian meals.
Throughout the course, speakers and artists will share their knowledge in the fields of Ayurveda, mantra chanting and Indian arts. Individual coaching every day with a personal mentor enables individual optimization of your personal practice of asana, pranayama, meditation and mantra. Question and answer on the teaching contents. Since there are no costs for room and board, people with a tighter budget can also participate.