Yogis Beyond Borders
Yogis Beyond Borders
Take yoga into the world and be of service to humanity, offering the gift of selfless service to those in need.
Yogis Beyond Borders (YBB) will inspire and empower you to become an activist of the heart by taking yoga into your local community (hospitals, shelters for battered women and disadvantaged youth, cancer survivor’s and veteran’s groups); underserved communities worldwide (refugee camps, poverty stricken areas, orphanages); and areas around the globe that have been affected by war and conflict.
YBB trains yoga teachers to be leaders in peace initiatives, to aid in recovery, relieve stress, promote resilience, and provide tools to deal with difficult life challenges.
Bringing Yoga Into the World
- Find your calling and map your path to make a difference in the world
- Build leadership skills to make your path into a reality
- Acquire clinical skills for taking yoga into special needs areas
- Assist in crisis disaster
- Learn how to work with local and international agencies, joining first responders, NGOs, and others working for a better world
- Be part of local-to-international campaigns and movements that take yoga into areas of need
- Be an agent of change in your own personal life as well as in your local and world community.
Arrival & Departure Information
• Arrival – Sunday 2pm
• Departure – Friday 12pm
The course tuition is for the workshop and does not include accommodation. Your accommodation rate includes Satsang, vegetarian meals and Hatha yoga classes which are offered daily.
Ashram Daily Schedule
6am Satsang: (Meditation, Mantra chanting and Contemporary spiritual lecture)
8am Hatha Yoga Practice
10am Organic, Vegetarian Brunch
11am Karma Yoga (Opportunity to offer selfless service)
12pm Afternoon Program & Free Time
4pm Hatha Yoga Practice
6pm Vegetarian Dinner
8pm Satsang: (Meditation, Mantra chanting and Contemporary spiritual lecture)
10pm Lights Out
• Daily attendance at both satsangs and hatha yoga classes is required in order to maintain the proper rhythm and atmosphere of the ashram.
• Daily activity schedule, or possible schedule changes, will be announced during morning Satsang.